Running to an all Christian Music playlist can be dangerous. Perhaps it is only dangerous for music listeners like me, but let me tell you, if you add these songs to your running playlist and find yourself tripping over an unseen road hazard due to the fact that, instead of paying attention to what was in front of you, you were busy worshipping, don't blame me. I've warned you. But let's do this anyway. I am going to list my all time favorite songs that have been staples on my running playlist and then over time I will blog new running favorites songs that are creeping or bursting onto my playlist over the months.
These songs are NOT in any particular order other than alphabetical due to the fact that I went through iTunes alphabetically while I was deciding which were the songs for this list. There are songs on this list that are chosen more for their beat, making a steady rhythm for running (Hills Of Indigo Blue) and others are chosen for their lyrics (these will be the dangerous ones, i.e. Everything). Some were listened to clustered together because it almost seemed as if they were meant to be listened to together (the David Crowder list) and others were listened to at specific times in a run (Tear Down The Walls is 10 minutes long and I always used it during the most difficult part of my runs thus making that 10 minutes seem to fly by). Please let me know your favorites. I would love to add them to my next run!
I hope you enjoy and don't hurt yourself.
1. City Harmonic- Manifesto
2. David Crowder Band- Do Not Move, Come Awake, You Are My Joy, Our Happy Home, We Win, Rescue Is Coming
3. Future Of Forestry- This Hour, Hills Of Indigo Blue, Slow Your Breath Down
4. Gungor- Let There Be, When Death Dies, Wake Up Sleeper, This Is Not The End
5. Hillsong United- King Of All Days, You Hold Me Now, Tear Down The Walls, Take Heart, Like An Avalanche, Rhythms Of Grace, Bones
6. Jars Of Clay- Shelter, Run In The Night
7. Jimmy Robeson- Heaven Resounds, Light My Way
8. John Mark McMillan- Reckoning Day, Carbon Ribs, Skeleton Bones
9. Kye Kye- Introducing Myself, Trees and Trust
10. Leeland- The Great Awakening, I Can See Your Love, We Will Sing
11. Matt Redman- Wonderful Maker
12. Paul Baloche- Glorious
13. Phil Wickham- True Love, Beautiful, Sun & Moon
14. Tim Hughes- Everything