My latest running playlist has me moving fast. Just thinking about it makes me want to lace up my shoes and hit the road. Soooo, I will share it with you so that you might find yourself jogging and bopping to these same songs, almost as if we are running together via a musical playlist. 1. Triumph Of A Heart- Bjork. I'm pretty sure there will always be a Bjork song or two on my running playlist. Her music is so intricate and creative that it makes for a fun 3-4 minutes. Good thing she has a new record coming out so I can stock up on some new songs.
2. Skeleton Bones- John Mark McMillan. This song has a rhythm that says, "run, run, run." So, I run.
3. You Will Leave A Mark- A Silent Film. I heard about this band from a friend and immediately placed this song on my playlist. This is the song that pumps up my running. I speed up and I smile. Ya!
4. Traveler's Song- Future Of Forestry. This is one of those bands that I frequently grab all of their songs and shuffle through them for an entire running playlist. I love, love, love their music and creativity.
5. Youth Knows No Pain- Lykke Li. Yep. This will be the song that some of you think, "Uh, has Sarah flipped her lid? That girls voice is crazy!" Well maybe I have flipped my lid, but it still love running to this song and other Lykke Li songs, so there.
6. My Body- Young The Giant. This song is one of those that has me wanting to shout along with it. This can be hard to do when running at a fast clip :)
7. Call it What You Want- Foster The People. Am I even allowed to choose this song for my playlist instead of their uber-famous single "Pumped Up Kicks?" Well, yes, I am. This is my list after all and this is the song that has me jamming through it's exactly 4:00 minute length.
8. Heaven Resounds- Jimmy Robeson. Ok, I've already talked about running to this song in my Jimmy Robeson album review blog, but I would be wrong not to put this song on my music to run to blog because I truly love running to it. Steady, upbeat song about the people of God worshipping, uhhhh, YA!
That's it. That's my current list and I'm sticking to it. I hope you find some new songs you can add to your own playlist (for running, biking, house cleaning, driving or whatever) and have fun listening to. Enjoy and feel free to leave a comment here with your own songs you would add to this list.